Newbie Perth

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eziddie

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2014-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Perth   Mon 08 Dec 2014, 2:13 am

Hi Just wanted to introduce myself I had the sleeve done on 2nd Dec by Dr Cohen at Mercy Hospital in Mt Lawley. Looking at the posts and trying to get the intake of liquids sorted now I'm home
Back to top Go down
Garfield99
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2012-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Perth   Wed 03 Dec 2014, 5:25 pm

I haven't deal with your surgeon directly but been to The Mount and they are fantastic.  Highly recommend.  I've been through several procedures and to date, I will recommend The Mount and Mercy (which is being renamed St John of God ......).  The staff are attentive to detail and know when you are wrong before you realise.  I wanted a shower but I think she knew so she hung around, made my bed, knocked on door asking if I needed help dressing - yes please, then I said it's hurting here, within a minute of rushing me off the cold wet tiles she had 3 nurses holding me down as I was convulsing, screaming in pain, one of the nurses grabbed my hand and kept repeating my name saying look at me now breathe in slowly and did the breathing.  I lost it a few more times and the injection was jammed into my thigh that was being held down.  They all stayed with me until I was breathing steady again, helped me into bed (I was bawling my eyes out the whole time) and slowly they disappeared to deal with other emergencies but this one nurse which I think was a top nurse as other nurses kept coming in and saying room such and such needs you and she would reply without leaving my eyes, I will be there soon because this brave girl is going to make it soon.  I wish I knew her name so I could recommend her (along with a few other great staff).  In total it happened three times but each time, I was raced through and put into comfort asap.
Back to top Go down
jojomojo

Female
Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2014-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Perth   Tue 25 Nov 2014, 4:02 am

Hi Wallaby, Congrats! Even though I live Bunbury way I came to perth for my surgery. The only uncomfortable bit was the drive home ! Yay on the no optifast for you, although I am one of the ones that loves optifast. Just think how amazing next year will be with your health and fitness under way :)
Back to top Go down
DayleD
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2014-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Perth   Tue 25 Nov 2014, 2:13 am

Hey Wallaby!

Glad to hear all went well and you sound in positive spirits :)

Catch you round, DayleD
Back to top Go down
Wallaby282

Male
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-11-24

PostSubject: Newbie Perth   Mon 24 Nov 2014, 11:26 am

Hi all, just wanted to introduce myself, Sleeved on the 20th November by Dr G.Padovan at the Mount Hospital Perth.

All went well.....! just trying to get the diet requirement squared away. Didn't do any pre op dieting, just straight into it....but that's me!

I've been reading posts on this site for a while now and have found it to be very informative.
Back to top Go down

Newbie Perth
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: