AuthorMessage
doedoe
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2012-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Dr George Hopkins or Dr Phil Lockie   Fri 14 Nov 2014, 2:12 am

Hi Bonnie,
Welcome!!! Firstly you've made a great choice joining this forum, such a valuable tool with wonderful people full of advice and support.

I'm a team Lockie girl. Sleeved on 7th February 2013. Weight loss to date is 57kg.

I found the Dr Lockie and his team amazing. Truly great surgeon, great person with an amazing support team. He is based at Everton Park and the practice psychologist holds a group meeting once a month starting at about 6pm for patients and newbies like you who may be considering surgery.

Contact his rooms and tell the office staff that you are thinking about him as your surgeon and ask about the next meeting and if you could attend. It will give you the opportunity to speak with other patients of Dr Lockie's and familiarise yourself with other members of the team that may come eg Dietitian and the good Doctor himself. I found it really valuable.

. I'm sure there are lots of patients of Dr Hopkins so hopefully you hear from them. The best advice I can give....go with whoever feels right, this is your choice and you have to be comfortable with it.

Good luck with your decision
Back to top Go down
bonnie1971

Female
Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2014-11-13

PostSubject: Dr George Hopkins or Dr Phil Lockie   Thu 13 Nov 2014, 10:02 pm

Hi, 

I am new to this site and thinking of getting the sleeve surgery. I have just joined a health fund so I have 12 months to wait but thought I would start looking at surgeon now. I have heard a lot about Dr Hopkins  & Dr Lockie but I don't know which one I should go to, any feedback would be appreciated. 

I would also be interested in a information session if anyone knows where one is.

Thanks 

Bonnie
Back to top Go down

Dr George Hopkins or Dr Phil Lockie
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: