Dr Ian Michelle - Melbourne

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Amber_Lee

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2014-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Dr Ian Michelle - Melbourne   Sun 23 Nov 2014, 9:57 pm

Thanks for your replies everyone. Yep i cant find anything negative bad about this man. I had already made my mind up anyway but was great to hear i had made the right decision.

Bellaballerina33 Yep ive had all the appointments with the dr and Psych and just have my final consult with him Dec 18 then i see him on Jan 20 for the op.. Sooooo excited i wished it was sooner too but kind of took a step back and realsied that it isnt that far away and to calm down haha. I did request if i could get it done sooner at Epworth ( im seeing him in essendon ) but it was a no as he has to have time off also. I have now pushed it to the side and going on with life as normal trying not to think about it but its hard!
Back to top Go down
Bellaballerina33
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2014-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Dr Ian Michelle - Melbourne   Fri 21 Nov 2014, 11:03 am

Hi Amber-Lee,

I am going through Ian at the Epworth. I was hoping for January, I have completed all of my other appointments, but it's looking like they won't be able to fit me in till February now because they are so booked out. Have you completed your other appointments yet? I'm really looking forward to this, just can't wait for the time to arrive!
Back to top Go down
Nini
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2013-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Dr Ian Michelle - Melbourne   Mon 17 Nov 2014, 9:10 am

Hi Amber-Lee,

Welcome to the forum. I had my Sleeve in July 2013 by Ian and was very happy with his bed side manner and more importantly his surgical skill. I have had a complication free recovery and I am very happy with my results. I had hardly any bruising and my lap sites were very small and neat.

While it is sooooo much easier to eat less and maintain you have to be aware not to let old bad habits creep back in and not get too complacent. So working out strategies to keep the snacking and boredom eating to a minimum is important. I had a list of emergency things to do to distract me and also I made a rule that before I could have a poor choice snack I had to have a dense protein snack ( my usual go to was boiled eggs that I kept in the fridge for that reason) Usually after I had my protein I was too full to have much of the bad snack.

best wishes,
Nini
Back to top Go down
Amber_Lee

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Ian Michelle - Melbourne   Mon 17 Nov 2014, 7:34 am

Sorry I was busy at work hence the brief reply. 
Sorry to hear about yr hard times. Thanks for yr supporting words despite yr own struggles. Sounds like u definitely made the right decision. I hope life is looking up for you!
Back to top Go down
Amber_Lee

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Ian Michelle - Melbourne   Mon 17 Nov 2014, 1:27 am

Awesome thanks Ellio17.
I'm so ready for this if I could get it done tomorrow I would!
Back to top Go down
Ellio17
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 574
Registration date : 2014-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Dr Ian Michelle - Melbourne   Thu 13 Nov 2014, 10:11 pm

Hi Amber Lee,
I had put on about 25 kg after my husband died, 4 years before.
I know that i used to buy chocolate, and icecream and sit up at night and eat it, until it was all gone.
I would do this when I was sad, lonely, bored, I am the only one that lives here, so it was just me to eat it all... and that I did!
The more i tried NOT to do it, the more I did.
It was like an addiction...
Then one day I just got fed up with being so fat... my Mother in law used to say "you are what you eat!" So true. It just clicked..
Fat no more.. I was just sick of it...
I was talking to a friend, who told me about her friend who had the sleeve. And the rest is history..
As for how you will cope after?
You just will!
That was my biggest fear.
You can do it! Like so many before you.. you just will. I have no regrets and now have so much more confidence...
This forum is great, and I'm sure you have chosen a great surgeon, You can do it!
I think that we all have these fears, but in reality, we are all a lot stronger than what we think we are.
I was like you.

Life is great!

Last edited by Ellio17 on Thu 13 Nov 2014, 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : too many spelling errors...)
Back to top Go down
Amber_Lee

Female

PostSubject: Dr Ian Michelle - Melbourne   Sat 08 Nov 2014, 11:08 am

Hi guys
I'm looking at a jan date and am sooooo pumped for this! I originally decided on lap band then after convo's with people who had had it done & many hours on google I decided the sleeve was definitely the way to go. I can only find positive reviews for Ian Michelle so happy with my decision Just wandering if anyone else saw him? Also One if my concerns is I eat when I'm bored.. I'm wandering how ill cope when I can't actually eat to fill this boredom? I know the obvious is that I'll be more active etc but wandering if anyone else had these thoughts? Thanks!
Back to top Go down

Dr Ian Michelle - Melbourne
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: