another newbie

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mustercampers

Female
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2014-10-17

PostSubject: Feeling very eager!!   Sun 26 Oct 2014, 5:56 am

Hi everyone I'm another newbie and am hoping to get gastric sleeve soon. I have my first appt with the surgeon on 15th November and can't wait! My story is just like everyone else's I guess, I spent my lifetime dieting and losing a bit here and there and just put it all back on and then some. My whole life has been a constant battle of weight and self consciousness and now weighing 97 kg and am financial enough it's time for me to take the next step. I don't want to be fat anymore!! I want to be healthy and fit enough to play on the beach with my young boys. I have been busy enjoying reading everyone's blogs and comments and getting heaps of recipes. I hope to chat further soon, thanks for listening. Xx
Back to top Go down
ellenprince

Female
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2014-10-05

PostSubject: Re: another newbie   Sun 26 Oct 2014, 2:12 am

Thanks Elka, me too ;) 

My sister says this time next year I will be 'less' of a hot mamma haha

they are all supportive but also must let me know they don't agree with what I am doing,  ah well, old enough etc. etc. ;)

Good luck with your journey too,  I'm so glad we get to have these opportunities,  beauty of the lucky country hey :)
Back to top Go down
elkagirl

Female
Number of posts : 34

PostSubject: Re: another newbie   Sat 25 Oct 2014, 10:24 am

Thanks for the encouragement ellenprince, and one of my twin boys live at Kensington gardens so would be convenient to see Dr Chisholm. I wish you all the best for your surgery and will keep in touch, looking forward to watching you shrink :-).
Back to top Go down
ellenprince

Female
Number of posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: another newbie   Sat 25 Oct 2014, 8:52 am

Hi Elka and welcome aboard :)

This group is absolutely FANTASTIC.

I am very new too and have felt at home since day one.

I'm having my surgery at the Calvary hospital on Strangeways Tce here in Adelaide done by Dr Jacob Chisholm at the Adelaide Bariatric Centre at Flinders Private.  They are absolutely wonderful.  not only will I have the surgery, which, thankfully is covered by my health insurance, but they have a $2,500 OOP (out of pocket) amount that you pay and that gives you a whole lots of extras to keep you on track after surgery, including physiologist, dietician, psychologist, and life coach :)  all of which I will be taking full advantage of lol

They practice out of Kensington Park most of the time so that makes it a bit easier to get to given I'm in Craigmore, almost to Gawler, quite a way from Bedford Park lol

I hope you have lots of support and encouragement.  I'm lucky that I can have my surgery done very quickly, a vacancy came up and I've been with Defence Health for 20 years, if I had to wait I may well have changed my mind because I just keep getting lots and lots of negative arguments from those closest to me.

Groups like this are wonderful for support and encouragement and also do lots and LOTS of research, I think you will find that almost everything you see will just affirm what you already feel, it's a positive step to becoming who YOU want to be and who YOU already are on the inside :)

I can rave on, sorry hehe

Again, welcome aboard Elka 
Back to top Go down
Ellio17
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 574
Registration date : 2014-06-12

PostSubject: Re: another newbie   Wed 22 Oct 2014, 1:58 am

I've been to Louth Bay on our way down to Pt Lincoln...
I live at Fleurieu Peninsula. Love living here by the beach and close to Adelaide. Its like being on holidays 24/7. Cant weight for summer this year.
Michael is very easy to talk to, which makes up for the other, and he came so highly recommended, best thing I've ever done...
BTW, it ok for it to all be about you..... Why? Why not!

cheers
Back to top Go down
elkagirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: another newbie   Wed 22 Oct 2014, 1:36 am

Oh and sorry Elly (lifes all about me atm!!)  congratulations on your success and i think bring on the compliments - you have done all the hard work so why not enjoy the recognition!!
Back to top Go down
elkagirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: another newbie   Wed 22 Oct 2014, 1:32 am

thanks for the information Elly.  I would find that unnerving as well but i have heard good reports about him.  Im from a place called Louth Bay which is about 25km out from Port Lincoln.
Back to top Go down
Ellio17
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 574
Registration date : 2014-06-12

PostSubject: Re: another newbie   Wed 22 Oct 2014, 1:18 am

Hi Elka,
I saw your post on the roll call.
I had my op 12 weeks today, with Michael France at Ashford.
I took my list of questions to my 1st appointment, but he had already answered them before I had to ask. I found him to be very cautious/thorough with me, as I had 1/2 my bowel removed 2 years ago turns out I had lots of lesions(?) so he kept me in hospital for an extra 2 days, which I thought was a good thing.
The only thing I found was a bit weird with him, (as did the 4 others I have spoken to, that he has done) is that when he talks to you, he doesn't make any eye contact, he seems to be looking ,( I felt ) at my bum stomach etc, checking me out if I am a candidate for the surgery, and as I was very conscious of how big I was, I felt quite uncomfortable. I know he has to do it, but was just a bit un nerving at the time...
(If that's his only fault, I reckon you cant go wrong)
Ive lost about 25 kilo now and feeling great. I do find it hard accepting compliments about my weight loss, as I have only told 2 people I had this operation...
Your time will go so fast, it will be here before you know it....WHat part of SA are you from?

Life is great,
Elly
Back to top Go down
elkagirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: another newbie   Wed 22 Oct 2014, 12:33 am

Hi Sally,
Patience is a virtue hey!  I bet you are counting down the sleeps now until your surgery - wishing you the best of success.
Elka:6525:
Back to top Go down
Bumbles
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-10-25

PostSubject: Re: another newbie   Tue 21 Oct 2014, 8:46 am

Hi Elka, I was where you were 11 months ago :D 

And now, Im less than 2 weeks away!

It looked like forever, but concentrate on smaller goal dates, childs birthday, holiday at work, going out for the night etc, as you jump from one date to the next you knock off small chunks of time and before you know it youre 2 weeks out and going EEEEP!
Back to top Go down
QuirkyQuaintrelle
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2014-09-25

PostSubject: Re: another newbie   Tue 21 Oct 2014, 6:14 am

Welcome Elkagirl! At least at the end of 11 months you'll have had plenty of time to do lots of research and really get your head around this. It seems a long time now but it'll be here before you know it 😄
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/TheQuirkyQuaintrelle
elkagirl

Female

PostSubject: another newbie   Tue 21 Oct 2014, 2:26 am

Hi - I am new to the site and considering gastric sleeve.  Usual story of weight on and weight off all my life. Currently sitting at 139kg! I have taken out private health and have a long 11 months left to wait.  Am finding most of the posts inspiring and encouraging.
Back to top Go down

another newbie
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: