View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jen.p

Female
Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2014-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Tue 28 Oct 2014, 8:24 pm

Hi winding :-)

I'm on my phone, but if you google early super release it will take you to human services and give you all the info. There is also a section on here about it. It's meant to take 10 working days to get an answer, but the experiences of people here indicates it's a bit longer.

As for surgeon, I chose Dr Chau. He's quite nice as a person, and I can do consultations at Woonona. Main office is in Miranda and he operates at St George private or Kareena Private. He advised me that he's never had a leak which is good.

Where abouts are you??
Back to top Go down
Winding back the clock

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Tue 28 Oct 2014, 6:24 pm

jen.p wrote:
Thanks QuirkyQuaintrelle... I'm quite nervous about the wait for super, especially since I'm waiting for that before I tell hubby what I'm doing. Since having the kids my weight ballooned even more and he doesn't understand what trying to lose weight with pcos is like... He seems to think because I've had successes in the past (which were short lived) then I can do it again... Grrr... Sorry to vent. Thank you for your kind words :-)

hi jen.p would you please direct me. Very recently I found out I can have this funded through super. But I dont know where to look, or know what to do. Can you direct me please. I'm very eager to start this ball rolling, but when I did a search, I kept hitting closed doors, meaning I havent serched in the right places. I would love some direction, and I'd love to know how much work was required, and how long it has taken (might take); given like all things I want the surgery yesterday. Please help me figure this.

Ques 2: do you have a surgeon of choice. Are you happy to disclose? I'd love to hear wo you have chosen, and why you have chosen who you have picked. It may help me with making informed decisions as to the surgeon of choice.

Good luck with your journey, and the hubby. I understand the trepidation of withholding from your hubby till you kno. I remarried many moons (20 plus yrs) ago, and I dont have this as an issue today. But I saw markings of the 1st marriage, and may have well behaved similar had I remained in that first marriage (mostly because we never had any money). But alas, that marriage was so stressful, weight was not a contending issue during those tumultuous years. Good luck love, with your approval! It will be good for you to be able to present to your hubby, good solutions, particularly where it doesnt take from the hard earned savings. Right up until I heard of this being a possibility, I was going to dip into the hard earned $$$'s. So hard to put in the bank, let alone keep it there, so fast to go when essentials demand its use.
Back to top Go down
jen.p

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Sun 26 Oct 2014, 10:19 am

Thanks QuirkyQuaintrelle... I'm quite nervous about the wait for super, especially since I'm waiting for that before I tell hubby what I'm doing. Since having the kids my weight ballooned even more and he doesn't understand what trying to lose weight with pcos is like... He seems to think because I've had successes in the past (which were short lived) then I can do it again... Grrr... Sorry to vent. Thank you for your kind words :-)
Back to top Go down
QuirkyQuaintrelle
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2014-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Sun 26 Oct 2014, 10:04 am

Hi Jen.p

It's a nerve wracking time waiting f the super to come through, isn't it? I thought I was going bonkers waiting for the approval but eventually I got the go ahead and now I'm here on the sleeved side!

Best of luck on your journey and look forward to seeing how you get on 😄
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/TheQuirkyQuaintrelle
jen.p

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Sun 26 Oct 2014, 9:54 am

Thanks bluebags :-)
Back to top Go down
bluebags
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2204
Registration date : 2013-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Sun 26 Oct 2014, 9:43 am

Good luck not only with the super but with your op and ofcourse from the accident recovery. Hopefully next year will be the best year ever.
Back to top Go down
jen.p

Female

PostSubject: Hi everyone   Fri 17 Oct 2014, 9:20 am

Hi everyone -

I've been reading the forum for a while, but have decided to join. I had my first appointment with Dr Chau a couple of weeks ago, and have my nutritionist appointment and my second with Dr Chau on Tuesday. I'm excited about the journey, however, I am not sure if it will happen for me, as I need to get my super to pay for my gap, so if that doesn't get approved, then that will be the end of my journey for a while.

I am a mum of 2, married and living in Wollongong, NSW. I was in a car accident in Feb, so I haven't been allowed back at work since then, and I am waiting on surgery for that too.

So that's me in a nutshell... hopefully I can get some good advice from all of you lovely people.

Jen xx
Back to top Go down

Hi everyone
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: