View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lee17

Female
Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2013-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Thu 25 Sep 2014, 9:54 am

Welcome Kcameron1.

I didnt have any bad gas pain nor were my energy levels low. Do you have support or help at home for those first few weeks after surgery? 

My mum was here to help look after my kids, but she ended up mainly just driving for me, I was still able to prepare meals, wash clothes and even hang them out. I just took it a bit easy.

I agree with Dayle...listed to your surgeon and his/her team they really are the experts.
Back to top Go down
DayleD
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2014-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Thu 25 Sep 2014, 8:00 am

Hi Kcameron1, welcome :)  You must be very excited/nervous...not long now.

My number one advice would be listen to your team - your surgeon and dietician.  The rules post op are there for your benefit and safety, especially important to stick only to your particular phases (so if puree, stick with puree until advised).  There are many different ways and opinions from surgeon to surgeon but stick with what yours advises.

Try to make sure you have time enough to rest and treat yourself well after surgery, it's major surgery and it will take a month or two (some people less, some people alot more) to fully bounce back, treat yourself gently in this timeframe.  Having said that, it's really good to start slow walking when you can after surgery, it really helped me work through any discomfort/gas I had (although I was really lucky and didn't have much)

Also some people on here find it really helpful to have soups made up for your liquid and puree phases post op. 

I'm sure there are many, many tips and tricks and advise for straight after post op but you're probably better off just having a read around the forum and gaining tips where you can.  If you are part of the October group I'm sure they're all sharing lots of stuff about now in the lead up to ops.

Best of luck with your surgery, see you round the forum.

Cheers, DayleD
Back to top Go down
Kcameron1

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-09-25

PostSubject: Hi everyone   Thu 25 Sep 2014, 5:53 am

Hi, I am new to this group but have just started on shakes and am booked in for my sleeve on 8 October. I have been trying to do as much research as possible on what to expect post op and any tips for coping in those first couple of weeks. I read on other sites that you get bad gas cramps and I understand that your energy levels are low also - any advice would be much appreciated, thanks
Back to top Go down

Hi everyone
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: