View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Willowgirl
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2014-06-23

PostSubject: Welcome Roni   Wed 24 Sep 2014, 12:48 am

Welcome Roni, nice to see you here. I am 3 weeks post sleeve and find this forum excellent. It is a bit hard to navigate around but like Nini says if you go to the search at the top and also click on the link that says post since you last visited you will be able to work it out.
Back to top Go down
Nini
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2013-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Hi from California   Wed 24 Sep 2014, 12:40 am

Hi Roni0300,

Glad you found us. This is a great site that is drama free and very inclusive. If you have any specific questions try using the search button at the top of the page as usually some one has asked it before. Saves a lot of time. If you don't find it there feel free to go to the pre-op section and post there. Another good source of support will be the "The Sleevers Monthly"  December group but I don't think anyone has started one yet. If you are really brave you could start a December post your self but if you are a bit shy just keep checking back until one gets started by some one else LOL.

In the pre-op losing phase most Australian surgeons get there patients to do Optifast VLCD shakes. How long depends on how much you have to lose. It also helps to shrink the liver so that the surgeon has a better view and more room to work in. Most people have to do at least 2 weeks to 6 weeks. Along with the three shakes a day you can have a list of allowed starch free vegetables and some even allow for a little lean, grilled meat with the evening meal. You could start by trying one shake a day. (they don't taste great but I thought of them like medicine just chugg it down)

Try getting used to some of the usual WLS rules ( although they do change a bit depending on the Dr)
1. try cutting out Soda's
2. drinking more water
3. cutting down on coffee and quitting smoking
4. cutting out  starches like potato, pasta, bread and rice
5. practice eating slowly and chewing your food well.

By getting used to a few of the changes now it won't feel so overwhelming straight after the operation and if you get rid of coffee and cigarettes now you won't have to go through withdrawals on top of everything else. Try and involve your family or close friend for support as it is harder to do it alone. Good luck for December.

cheers Nini.
Back to top Go down
roni0300

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-09-23

PostSubject: Hi from California   Tue 23 Sep 2014, 11:23 pm

Hi there!

So nice to find this forum!  

I am at the stage where I need to lose weight before my surgeon will set a date.  I need to lose 25lbs before December so that I can get a December date.  Any tips, meal ideas, words of encouragement are welcomed.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down

Hi from California
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: