New to it all!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
frangipani

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-09-22

PostSubject: Re: New to it all!   Tue 23 Sep 2014, 12:42 am

Thanks so much for your reply - I guess that is my biggest fear now that I am considering getting the sleeve is that I'll be rejected when I see the surgeon! 
Back to top Go down
Beachesbabe

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: New to it all!   Tue 23 Sep 2014, 12:26 am

Welcome to the site Frangipani!
I am only a month out of being sleeved but am so happy i did it.
I had a BMI a bit worse than yours when i saw the surgeon for the first time it was 37. But when they weighed me with boots on it was 40.
Like you and probs everyone on this site i have battled with my weight forever, but because i wasn't as big as some was worried that i would be rejected, luckily my GP was more concerned with my waist measurement being over 100cm than the BMI figure and the surgeon was happy to do the op before i developed serious medical issues.
So my advice would be do your research on this site, have a list of questions you need to ask your surgeon and if you decide this is the way you need to go stick to your guns and insist or continue until you find a surgeon to do it.
Good Luck
Back to top Go down
frangipani

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-09-22

PostSubject: New to it all!   Mon 22 Sep 2014, 12:41 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm really glad I found this site! I'm very new to all of this and after years of battling with my weight my GP has recommended looking into gastric sleeving. I've been doing lots of reading have an appointment in Townsville next week to find out more about it.

I am on the lower end of the BMI scale from what I've read. I weigh between 89-93kg on any given day and I am 163cm tall. 

I would love to hear from anyone else who was/is in a similar BMI range and also anyone who has had their surgery done in Townsville.

Back to top Go down

New to it all!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: