Share | 

Newbie from Tenterfield northern NSW

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brooke30

Female
Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2014-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Tenterfield northern NSW   Thu 21 Aug 2014, 3:52 pm

Welcome , 

My surgeon is Dr Ian Martin Wesley hospital brisbane I'm being done oct 7th , so far his office , dietician, clinical phyc have been fantastic he has a very good name & his brother does the surgery in sydney I've asked him about his rate of issues in surgery & nil reported & no blood clots ( this freaked me out having to wear stockings & calf pumps . 

I'm going public for the op he's the cheapest I could find I looked at 3 and picked him based on feedback. 

Call his office jane will be able to fill you in :) 
Welcome again
Back to top Go down
Greywing56

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-07-27

PostSubject: Newbie from Tenterfield northern NSW   Wed 20 Aug 2014, 6:53 am

Hello, I live in northern NSW, the New England region so I'm much closer to the gold coast or Brisbane than I am to Sydney.

I'm just beginning my journey.  I have just now increased my health insurance to Private Hospital cover with a $250 excess, with "Extras" such as dental, optical etc which is costing me $78.66 per fornight and I will have to wait 12 months.  So ... this time next year I will be getting really excited.

My daughter has been my inspiration. She has her op on 9 September, so only weeks away, but she is going to Sydney because that's closest for her.

I have been hearing great feedback on 2 doctors, one on the GC, Dr Victor Liew and one in Brisbane, Dr Robert Finch, who operates from Royal Brisbane Womens' and Holy Spirit hospitals. 

If anyone out there has used these surgeons, can you let me know PM me, give me advice/feedback etc.

Since I'm on a pension, I MUST know what my out of pocket expenses must be, and they must be as low as possible.  Can anyone tell me what their OOP expenses were?  I'll have a year to plan/save. 
Back to top Go down

Newbie from Tenterfield northern NSW
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: