View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Willowgirl
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2014-06-23

PostSubject: Welcome Tim   Mon 18 Aug 2014, 10:17 am

Welcome Tim, I am from Gippsland and am being sleeved on the 4th of September at The Valley Private. This is a great group and you will meets lots of people just like you here.

Back to top Go down
Lizzy.

Female
Number of posts : 1477
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Melbourne - sleeved 6th August 2014   Mon 18 Aug 2014, 10:12 am

Hi Tim!

I used to eat probably as more of a habit than anything else. And honestly, for the life of me, I can't really remember it bothering me that I don't eat what I used to anymore. I guess it does help that all of the foods I loved so much pre op, now taste like ass.
Back to top Go down
PC
Part of the furniture

Male
Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2014-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Melbourne - sleeved 6th August 2014   Mon 18 Aug 2014, 7:09 am

There's cheating and there's cheating.

I had a "final meal" at Zambrero for dinner last Monday.  That was three and a half days pre-op.  It was a bowl meal, with pork, refried beans, lettuce, tomato salsa, onion salsa, guacamole, a tiny bit of grated cheese, and some red chilli sauce.  That sauce alone should have kicked my metabolism up a gear.

It didn't hurt.

As for emotional eating, I'm probably the last person to give advice there.  However, I stole the following from Dr Google.

Alternatives to emotional eating

• If you’re depressed or lonely, call someone who always makes you feel better, play with your dog or cat, or look at a favorite photo or cherished memento.
  • If you’re anxious, expend your nervous energy by dancing to your favorite song, squeezing a stress ball, or taking a brisk walk.
  • If you’re exhausted, treat yourself with a hot cup of tea, take a bath, light some scented candles, or wrap yourself in a warm blanket.
  • If you’re bored, read a good book, watch a comedy show, explore the outdoors, or turn to an activity you enjoy (woodworking, playing the guitar, shooting hoops, scrapbooking, etc.).
Back to top Go down
raindance

Male
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Hello from Melbourne - sleeved 6th August 2014   Mon 18 Aug 2014, 5:43 am

Hi everyone, I'm so glad I stumbled across this forum!! My name is Tim and I am 40 years old from Melbourne, Australia. I had my Gastric sleeve on the 6th August here in Melbourne. I did cheat a few time on the pre-op diet, but 2 weeks after surgery I have lost 12 KG already and am now at 171KG.....long way to go I know!! It is challenging to not have "comfort food"-not physically as I don't feel hungry that much, just mentally I mean. I have always loved to eat as a sort of comfort and now I can't so this is very hard. I would like to be in touch with more of you and share experiences/advice etc. 
Back to top Go down

Hello from Melbourne - sleeved 6th August 2014
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: