Share | 

Newbie from Perth, Western Australia: Getting sleeved 3rd November, 2014

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Msjessie

Female
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2014-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Perth, Western Australia: Getting sleeved 3rd November, 2014   Tue 19 Aug 2014, 11:44 am

Oh wow! That's great nats30! Wishing you all the best! Yeah I'm really looking forward to the appointments :)

Lars237, I really like him. He's very friendly, and explained everythhg really well, listened to my opinions and explained the risks. My endocrinologist said he is fantastic because he used to be a transplant surgeon so attention to detail is his thing, he's never had a leak according to him either. Dr Harsha himself had the procedure down which in itself made me feel lots better haha :)
Back to top Go down
nats30

Female
Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2013-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Perth, Western Australia: Getting sleeved 3rd November, 2014   Tue 19 Aug 2014, 11:09 am

Hi Msjessie,

I'm also from Perth and being sleeved with Dr Chandraratna but in October.... 2 weeks before you. 

I really liked the dietitian and physician appointment.  I got a lot of my questions answered and felt really comfortable with them both.  

Good luck with everything.
Back to top Go down
Larz237

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2014-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Perth, Western Australia: Getting sleeved 3rd November, 2014   Tue 19 Aug 2014, 9:47 am

Hi Msjessie what do you think of Dr Harsha Chandraratna? I've seen dr Coen and not impressed by him and wanted someone in Murdoch... :)
Back to top Go down
Msjessie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Perth, Western Australia: Getting sleeved 3rd November, 2014   Mon 11 Aug 2014, 6:48 am

Thanks so much  fleur8, I hope all goes well for your surgery! I can't wait to get mine. Just worried about how much time I need away from work ;) this site certainly is awesome! I've been having a little peek here and there. So wonderful :)
Back to top Go down
fleur8

Female
Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2014-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Perth, Western Australia: Getting sleeved 3rd November, 2014   Mon 11 Aug 2014, 5:37 am

Welcome Msjessie!

I am also from Perth, being sleeved 1 week from today by Dr Watson at Murdoch. This site is amazing, it gives you the answers to just about everything you can think of and everyone is very generous in sharing all the details of their differing journeys.

Good luck, you've made a great decision to improve your health!
Back to top Go down
Msjessie

Female

PostSubject: Newbie from Perth, Western Australia: Getting sleeved 3rd November, 2014   Mon 11 Aug 2014, 4:44 am

Hi all, I'm so happy to have found this forum! It's great to be able to learn more about the sleeve surgery and also how people are getting on before and after.

As far as my own story, I have been unable to maintain any weight loss I achieve and a few hormonal issues (insulin resistance) has brought me to my final decision to undergo a gastric sleeve. I was referred to the surgeon Dr Harsha Chandraratna at SJOG Murdoch by my endocrinologist Dr Ricky Arenson.

I am 30, getting married in September (less than 7 weeks now) and building a house, talk about stress! I'm also getting sleeved on the 3rd of November this year. I work as a pharmacist and pharmacy manager. I don't have any human children but I do have a fur child, Tyrion, our French Bulldog.

I want to lose weight and get healthy before my partner I begin our family. My partner is very supportive, my mum does have her reservations but is working on it. So that makes it a bit harder but I have to do what I think is the best for myself.

I haven't had my physician or dietician appointment yet (they are later this month and in September) but I want to learn as much as I can so I have all my questions ready when I go in.

Looking forward to reading everyone's posts and also finding some others getting sleeved in November too :)
Back to top Go down

Newbie from Perth, Western Australia: Getting sleeved 3rd November, 2014
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: