AuthorMessage
bluebags
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2204
Registration date : 2013-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Worried & Scared   Sun 31 Aug 2014, 4:17 am

I would check to see if you are able to have green vegetables most Drs do allow at least 1 cup a day many also allow diet jelly having these could make a real difference when really wiped out on the opti.  The best way to have it is to make it on a lot of ice and small amount of water then blitz it in a blender to make a frappe from it the chocolate one can also be made into hot choc first mix it in a little cold water to blend it then add boiling water it makes for a change.

Definitely check about the veg and remember it is only things like spinach broccoli beans kale zucchini asparagus mushrooms snow peas onions and tomatoes I actually made mine into soup and pureed it pretty thin and had it as snacks to keep hunger at bay most of those make for decent stir fry as well BTW I made a couple of days worth of soup not just a tiny soup each day.  Ring and ask whats the worst they can say NO.  Also everyone is scared but excited it is natural it is a huge operation that can and does go wrong but it would appear things are going wrong now so you can only think positive and win.
Back to top Go down
always_sparkles

Female
Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2014-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Worried & Scared   Sat 30 Aug 2014, 1:51 pm

Hey Mygirl!

I hope you're doing ok? I'm being sleeved on Monday and am, to put it mildly, shitting myself! Not in the literal sense, but I'm frightened as well as excited!

Optishit has been hideous but effective for me - in 2 weeks I've lost 7.5kg so I'd say you'll be fine. It is boring, but my dietician instructed me to have at least two cupfuls of steamed veggies each day (for fibre, I believe!) so sometimes I have stir fried them (no oil, just soy sauce!) or had them with vinegar... Or just had salad with vinegar.

I had a Stress Echo (EKG) before my surgeon visit which was unrelated, but showed a healthy heart with no issues, despite having palpitations and breathlessness on exercise - apparently *only* because I'm so overweight! Lol I have 70kg to lose, so I'd love to hear from you via the Sept Sleevers page in Sleevers Monthly!

Good luck! Xxx
Back to top Go down
WondaWendy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1257
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Worried & Scared   Tue 05 Aug 2014, 10:17 am

Hey Mygirl,

I am also being sleeved in September. I can't say for sure, but heart problems did not crop up in any of the research I did when finding out about and deciding on a sleeve.

I won't lie, I think I'd find five weeks on Opti a challenge but I wish you all the best. Can you not even have a few boiled non-starchy veges? That seems unusual to me. Are you seeing a dietician too?

There is a monthly thread on here for the September Sleevers so come and join us for a bit of extra support, encouragement and to share similar experiences etc. at same time as others... Here's the link.

http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/t14628-september-2014?highlight=September
Back to top Go down
jojomojo

Female
Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2014-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Worried & Scared   Tue 05 Aug 2014, 5:09 am

Hi MyGirl, I was 162kg last Nov when a nice friend said you have to do something, she was the only one I told that I had a blackout and my arms were numb. I lost 30kg by myself then started to put it back on. At the end of Feb this year she said ok what are you doing! I rang that day to make my appointment and weighed 147kg. I am a mum of 5 and was freaking out! I am 3 months out and just about to go under 100kg :) I too did 6 weeks of Opti and the first week and the third week were hard for me, I just kept going on this site everyday for the whole time it was like my lifeline and reading all the truly inspirational diaries! I haven't had heart issues , I would say the opposite, my arms no longer fall asleep. I had never had surgery and was so scared of the anethetist! 
Whilst every person is different for me personally it's saved my life . Goodluck and see you on the other side . Jo
Back to top Go down
Mygirl

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-08-05

PostSubject: Worried & Scared   Tue 05 Aug 2014, 3:59 am

Hi

Im 37 mum of 3, im 167kg and have a BMI of 60...So i need to loose weight
I have seen Ken Wong of Gosford last week and im booked for a sleeve on September 11th.
I have to start my shakes tomorrow, so for 5 weeks he told me im not allowed anything but shakes and water..
I also need to loose 10-15kg in this 5 weeks.
Is this possible...I wonder
Im excited but so nervous of the future i have to pay on the 14th so i need to have my head in the correct frame to do this.

With loosing this weight has anyone had heart issues??

Thanks
Back to top Go down

Worried & Scared
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: