Hello:o)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pineapple

Female
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Hello:o)   Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:56 am

Thanks for the hot tip! I'll suss it out.

Hi Jade-Elle, yes, it's a hard decision and a super important one!
Back to top Go down
WondaWendy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1257
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Hello:o)   Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:40 am

I'm going with Dr Greenslade.  I can also recommend Dr Hatzifotis, he has lots of awesome feedback on here, as does Dr Greenslade.

I highly recommend you check the APHRA register (thanks again Nini for that tip), for any surgeon that you are considering - just check if they have any "conditions" that they have to comply with...

http://www.ahpra.gov.au/Registration/Registers-of-Practitioners.aspx 

I don't think I have enough seniority to post weblinks so if the website above doesn't show, just google APHRA register.

Cheers,
Wendy :) x x x
Back to top Go down
Jade-Elle

Female
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2014-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Hello:o)   Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:32 am

hi jess, welcome. I am new to! I am 38 and live in hbay, still seeking a good sugeon, sounds like Bundaberg may be the go for me.
Back to top Go down
Pineapple

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hello:o)   Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:21 am

Thank you ladies :o) 

I'm thinking Dr Greenslade, Dr Hatzifortis or Dr Adib. Who are you going through WondaWendy? Your date will be here in no time! I've read so much wonderful feedback about so many doctors, it's going to be hard to choose. I suppose I should make an appointment with one and see how I feel.
Back to top Go down
WondaWendy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1257
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Hello:o)   Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:03 am

Hey jessajessa,

Welcome.  I am in Brissy too and will be sleeved on 19th Sept.

Who are your 3 possible surgeons?
Back to top Go down
Femidist

Female
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2014-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Hello:o)   Fri 20 Jun 2014, 12:01 am

Hello
Welcome
I am new here. Congratulations on your emotional journey so far !
Femidist
Back to top Go down
http://www.femidist.com
Pineapple

Female

PostSubject: Hello:o)   Thu 19 Jun 2014, 12:46 pm

Hello!

I'm Jess and I'm 31 from Brisbane, just popping in to say hi and blab a bit about myself :o) I've been considering this op for a couple of years (I've been reading this forum for ages!) but only started PHI today. 12 months to prepare and research and get excited. 

This may sound strange but I wanted to be happy in myself before I went through with this. I've spent the past 12-18 months working on myself and dealing with depression and low self esteem and I'm happy to say I'm now the happiest I've ever been and have been off my antidepressants for a couple of months now, yay! I've become involved in the body acceptance/body positivity movement and its taught me to appreciate and love myself as I am. Despite the fact that I'm no longer offended by my size 22/24 body (and have actually grown to love it), it doesn't change the fact that there may be long term health implications creeping up on me because of my weight. I'm only 31 and already get sore knees and hips and I can only put this down to weight. I'm also sick of my weight making life uncomfortable and holding me back from doing things I love. I swear seats are getting smaller... And plane seats HURT with those arms digging in to my butt and thighs! 

I'm still deciding who to go through but have narrowed it done to 3 surgeons. 

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi, and thanks to everyone sharing their experiences. It's given me hours of reading and I feel like I'll be fully prepared when my surgery date arrives.

Back to top Go down

Hello:o)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: