Newbie 19th JUne 2014

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jade-Elle

Female
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2014-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Newbie 19th JUne 2014   Sun 29 Jun 2014, 5:51 am

Hi Miss AP, just checking in to see how you are?  How many days post op are you now?  I have my consult this Friday in Hervey Bay with Dr de Lacy, can't wait!

Talk soon, hope you are going well.
Back to top Go down
Jade-Elle

Female

PostSubject: Re: Newbie 19th JUne 2014   Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:35 am

thanks missAPT, I think I may have found a good surgeon in Bundaberg, he visits hbay monthly apparently, so just waiting for my first consult with him., pretty nervous but keen to move forward.  I do worry about being about to "eat" normally after its done for the rest of my life, sounds like many have heart burn and pain daily, but I guess if you learn to make the change a lifestyle one, it will go well, guess we all just worry about the "what ifs" hey!?
Back to top Go down
MissAP

Female
Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2014-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Newbie 19th JUne 2014   Thu 19 Jun 2014, 8:39 am

Hi Jade-Elle,

I went with the sleeve as I have met a few people with the band and have only lost up to 20kg, some were less and watched them being disappointed with them self. I guess it all comes down to ones own strengths and weaknesses and I didn't feel the band was an option for me. After meeting 2 people who had the sleeve, I started researching WLS in general and based on the information and success out there this seemed to be the best option for me. The tipping point for me to contact a surgeon was reading/watching this forums creater's blog "less dangerous curves". She reminded me much of myself.

My surgeon was moving away from the band and focusing on the sleeve. I walked out of my first appointment with a surgery date.

MissAP
Back to top Go down
Jade-Elle

Female

PostSubject: Re: Newbie 19th JUne 2014   Thu 19 Jun 2014, 7:48 am

hi miss ap

im very new to this, could you tell me in your opinion what the difference is between sleeve and band? I am going to research some more tonite when the kids are in bed.

so glad to hear you are feeling well.
Back to top Go down
MissAP

Female
Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2014-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Newbie 19th JUne 2014   Thu 19 Jun 2014, 3:15 am

Hi Jade Elle,

Welcome to the club. 
I am day 2 pos op. So I can tell you pretty frankly that I expected much worse. 12 hours post op i was up and about the ward, drinking water and gurgling from my new sleeve with every mouthful. Perhaps my mouthfuls are too big, but at that time I was drinking from a 30ml medicine cup with a straw and taking 1/3 of that in sips each time.

I feel pretty good besides the gas pain in my belly.

Like you I hope this is the tool to get me on the road to the best version of myself. I have about 45kgs to lose.
I got sleeved with Dr Lockie and co in brisbane, he has a team that meet with you to ensure every success along the way which I thought was great.

Miss AP
Back to top Go down
Jade-Elle

Female

PostSubject: Newbie 19th JUne 2014   Thu 19 Jun 2014, 3:08 am

Hi
I am new, and considering a sleeve.  I live in Hbay, does any here have any recommondations on a great surgeon in the area? I am very happy to travel to Sunny Coast or Bundaberg if necessary.
I just wonder what recovery is like once you have the sleeve?  I have 30 kilos at least to loose, been thinking about it for a few years now, but I just feel it could be the tool to assist me achieve my weight loss goals and be able to run around with my 3 beautiful little girls, and just feel happy in my skin, no a fatty boom bah.  Love to hear from anyone with any words of wisdom or advise? Thanks
Back to top Go down

Newbie 19th JUne 2014
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: