Femidist says hello

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Femidist

Female
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2014-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Femidist says hello   Fri 27 Jun 2014, 8:54 am

Have seen my GP since joining the forum. She was wonderful. Understanding and supportive. referral written and appointment made for July 14 to see surgeon.
!!!!!!!!

Best start my journal :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.femidist.com
DayleD
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2014-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Femidist says hello   Tue 17 Jun 2014, 11:34 am

Hi Femidist!

I totally get what you mean about the 'saying goodbye to food' and it filling a void.  I actually feel like I'm losing a friend, no matter how toxic this friend may be!!  I'm booked in for surgery 4 weeks out and it's still high up there on my concerns.  I was really depressed yesterday and I think it had to do with me starting opti today.  I'm starting to see a local psychologist before surgery for this very thing, it's quite troubling the way I think of food.

Enough about me, it's good to see you on here and welcome.  I am so thankful for this site and the wonderful support and information it provides.  And it's Australian which makes it perfect.

Best of luck with your decision making.

Cheers, DayleD
Back to top Go down
Nini
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2013-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Femidist says hello   Tue 17 Jun 2014, 7:45 am

Hi Femidist,

Welcome to the forum. I think the fact that there are so many nurses and health professionals on this forum says a lot about the procedure. It definitely isn't a "cure" for obesity but it is such a great aid. I thank my lucky stars that I have been able to benefit from it.

Don't worry about losing the social connection of eating. It is more difficult in the early days, but I still went out and had a good time. To begin with I would just order soup. It took a while to eat so while other people were having a few courses I just slowly sipped my soup and chatted. Later on there was always something on the menu to eat. I didn't let the Sleeve interfere with going out with friends. It just takes a bit more organization.
It's always a bit of an unknown how your partner will react, but you wont know until you discuss it with him.

good luck,
Nini
Back to top Go down
veronica simcoe
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2013-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Femidist says hello   Tue 17 Jun 2014, 6:58 am

Hi Femidist
Welcome to the forum, its a fantastic place for support, hints, help, ect,good luck with your journey
Back to top Go down
Femidist

Female
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2014-06-15

PostSubject: Femidist says hello   Tue 17 Jun 2014, 5:05 am

Hi all.
I have been browsing and lurking for a while and thought it was time to be polite and introduce myself.

I am 50 years young with a history of yo-yoing since I was about 18. I live in country Victoria and work in the health industry.

I have not quite decided to be sleeved yet but getting close. Haven't even made an appointment for a referral. Haven't told any family or friends or my lovely partner.

Actually I have decided I want the procedure. I want a permanent change and am sick of the health issues, up and down, mental health issues with "failing" to be reliant in willpower.

I am grateful for the posts here and agree a sleeve is not the answer to everything but just a tool to assist a permanent result.

I am not afraid of the procedure, of making permanent changes. I am afraid of saying goodbye to my friend food. Goodbye to the social connection. Goodbye the filling of that empty void. That is why I haven't made any steps towards surgery yet. I am getting it all right in my head.

I am having trouble discussing this with my partner. I do not want or need his approval or permission per se but would like his support. I feel like I need enough knowledge and understanding in my own mind before talking about it with him.

Anyway I will leave more chatter later and leave it at that for now.

Hello

Femidist is a made up name I created for a different forum many years ago.
More on that later too
Back to top Go down
http://www.femidist.com

Femidist says hello
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: