Very, very newbie

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
fleur8

Female
Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2014-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Very, very newbie   Thu 12 Jun 2014, 6:28 am

Thanks everyone for your welcoming words!

I had my GP appointment and now have my referral in my hot little hand. After a lot of research, chatting with various doctors' receptionists and my GP I've decided to see Stephen Watson. He operates at Murdoch which is good for me and my family. My first appointment is with Dr Bowater on 2/7/14 to go through the preliminaries then I see Dr Watson on 22/7/14. So here we go!!
Back to top Go down
veronica simcoe
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2013-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Very, very newbie   Thu 12 Jun 2014, 5:14 am

H Fluer and welcome
you will find loads of help on here, I started here also in the very beginning, its a great site
Back to top Go down
missmel

Female
Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2014-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Very, very newbie   Wed 11 Jun 2014, 11:28 am

Hi fleur8 and welcome :)

Good on your for making the decision to change you life.  I know what you mean about wanting to see the grandkids grow up as I too want to see my babies grow up and have babies of their own etc.  Its a great motivation.

Good luck with your Drs appt

Mel :)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Very, very newbie   Tue 10 Jun 2014, 7:40 am

Hi fleur8,

Welcome :D  There's a few of us here who are at the start of our journeys.  Some of us have only just taken out health insurance, so we still have 12 months or more to wait.  Use this time to learn as much as you can.
Back to top Go down
DayleD
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2014-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Very, very newbie   Tue 10 Jun 2014, 7:32 am

Hi fleur8, you've come to the right place :)  I've only been on here for the past 2 months or so and it's a pretty special forum, so much support and humour and people who will understand what you're going through, I've been so thankful for this space to be myself and ask all the questions I can.  There is so much information here, it's a treasure chest.

Cheers, Dayle
Back to top Go down
fleur8

Female
Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2014-06-10

PostSubject: Very, very newbie   Tue 10 Jun 2014, 5:27 am

Hi everyone

I'm at the very beginning of this journey - researching surgeons & costs etc - I'm going to my GP on Thursday to get the ball rolling. I'm much older than most of the people whose stories I've read but then I've probably failed more often at trying to lose weight! I've never considered surgery as an option before but now I think it's my only option if I want to stick around to see my grandkids grow up. And I know it won't be easy but I'm encouraged by the positive stories I'm reading on here.
Back to top Go down

Very, very newbie
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: