Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Share | 

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: New member   Wed 04 Jun 2014, 10:12 am

Hi Nutmegs,

welcome aboard.  Great work so far, well done.  I've not been sleeved yet, just at the start of my journey, so I'll enjoy following yours while I wait :D
Back to top Go down
MrsSarahT

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-06-04

PostSubject: Re: New member   Wed 04 Jun 2014, 9:43 am

Hi nutmegs!!

Ive not been sleeved yet (long wait for me 17.04.15) but just reading this post and ur comment about enjoying "being in charge or what your body can take rather then it driving you" hit the nail on the head for me!

Also looking forward to feeling wonderfully satisfied :)

Sarah
Back to top Go down
Lizzy.

Female
Number of posts : 1477
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: New member   Wed 04 Jun 2014, 9:29 am

Hiya Nutmegs.. that is a fabulous loss so far!

I've got so many things that disagree with me now, fortunately, they are mostly my most loved pre sleeve foods, so I think that is a good thing!
Back to top Go down
Nutmegs

Female

PostSubject: Re: New member   Wed 04 Jun 2014, 8:44 am

Hi Mr Mick and thank you for your welcome.
You seem to be doing very well ... congrats to you....
I have been looking at pics of people before and after..... It is incredible...........

I have lost 22kgs to date at eight weeks post op. No more weighing until 26th of this month which keeps me focused.  I set goals for each weigh in which is fun.. especially if I beat the goal!!!!
I worried that it was stagnating last week so upped the walks to going up a hill for some fun and it has made the world of difference.

Generally I am doing really well, although I am finding that some foods are now disagreeing with me. (salt on food burns my gullet)
I am sticking to dietician guided portions of protein, low to nil (almost) fat and low carbs and it is working well and I have no trouble sticking with it... I simply cannot eat too much of anything. No more than about two tablespoons of anything ... ho ho....
I just love not getting hungry too much, not craving any more at all, and feeling wonderfully satisfied with a small amount, and being in charge of what my body will take in instead of it driving me.....I cannot tell you how good that feels.
Having an incredibly supportive hubby helps .. he watches what I put on my plate like a hawk...ho ho...

Thanks again Mr Mick for your welcome..... Nutmegs
Back to top Go down
MrMick
Part of the furniture

Male
Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2014-03-07

PostSubject: Re: New member   Wed 04 Jun 2014, 5:30 am

Hi Megs and welcome to the forum, I was done nearly 8 weeks ago and seem to be doing ok, can eat most everything , just not very much ;) How are you doing since your surgery?
Back to top Go down
http://www.lawnmowingbrisbane.com
Nutmegs

Female

PostSubject: New member   Wed 04 Jun 2014, 4:38 am

Hi, My user name is megs and I had a gastric slevve eight weeks ago.
Wuld be interested to hear from other "sleevers" about how you are going post op.
Megs
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: