AuthorMessage
MrMick
Part of the furniture

Male
Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2014-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Brisvegas    Sun 01 Jun 2014, 1:56 am

Hi Lucy,

I was operated on April 11 by Dr Hatzifotis, in my humble opinion you have made a great choice, he is very conservative but the results speak for themselves. if you have any questions on him just ask. :). if you check out my diary there is a link to the full costs and a timeline that should help too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lawnmowingbrisbane.com

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Brisvegas    Sun 01 Jun 2014, 1:54 am

Hi Lucy,

I've had most of the liquid fill out of the band now for about 2 years, so I almost never have to 'bring back up' something I've eaten which has got stuck.  It does still happen on rare occasions, but mostly when I eat red meat and eat way too fast or swallow something without proper chewing.

It has cut down the amount of food I can eat.  Even if I was to have a milkshake, I can reach a point where it's too much, so there is still some restriction there, however, at times I can eat a full meal and then go back about an hour later and eat almost the same amount.  What concerned me the most with it and still does, is the feeling I get when food gets stuck.  It feels like someone has plunged a knife into the middle of my chest, between my breasts and is twisting it.  A really uncomfortable feeling.  I really have to concentrate to make sure I take smaller bites and chew them longer.  This is a good thing though.

For me the worst thing is, what it will and won't let me eat.  I can eat bread, pasta, pizza, anything fairly stogdey and drink coke until the cows come home and no reaction.  The band loves these foods.  If I try to eat carrot, celery, lettuce or other fresh, raw veggies, it's like someone started WW3 in my chest.  The band seriously hates these foods.  I have not had a salad for 6 years.  Never thought salad would the food I dream about lol.  

Only one more year and out it comes.  So looking forward to it being gone :D
Back to top Go down
Lizzy.

Female
Number of posts : 1477
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Brisvegas    Sun 01 Jun 2014, 1:07 am

Hi Lucy!

Terror is par for the course, but once you're safely on the other side of the surgery.. life will be amazing. The diaries here are awesome, I felt so encouraged reading other peoples stories pre op.. still do!!

And Wendy, I freak myself out often when I see my reflection in a window, or the mirrors in a changing room.
Back to top Go down
WondaWendy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1257
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Brisvegas    Sat 31 May 2014, 11:28 pm

Hey Lucygoose,

I'm being a bit "fussy" or as I like to think it, "careful".  I've seen 1 surgeon already but didn't feel comfortable with the sleeve size he does so I'm seeing 2 more. Dr Hatzifotis and Dr Greenslade (both at Greenslopes).  I see Dr H next Friday and Dr Greenslade in about 3 weeks.

I have read excellent things about both of them and they both have a great reputation.

It's funny, I WAS excited when I first decided to have the sleeve back in the Easter holidays but now am less so. I'm "resigned" to the fact that I need it rather than it being something I want.  I think I COULD be more excited if I got my head around the fact that I really might be like many of the post-sleeve success stories on here (I love going to the Gallery), but I find it so hard to imagine it being a reality for me.  I do get bursts of optimism when I manage a successful weight-loss daydream though, lol.
 Here's my "One day I'll see my own reflection in a shop window and realise I look amazing, slim and healthy" daydream, LOL!
Back to top Go down
Lucygoose

Female
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2014-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Brisvegas    Sat 31 May 2014, 10:04 pm

Hi,

Wonda my surgeon is Michael Hatzifotis, he's lovely.  Who are you going with?  Septembers not far away you must be getting excited.

Mabz, i was going to have the lap band and I'm glad I didn't, did you find it made you sick often?  Did it control the hunger?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Brisvegas    Sat 31 May 2014, 2:51 pm

Hi Lucygoose,

I'm in Logan.  I got the lapband 6 years ago and like many others, it's not worked.  I'll need to get it out before I can consider any other surgery - and I will be starting health insurance on Monday, so I still have 12 months ahead of me lol.   Like you, I'm here to learn as much as I can, so I can fully prepare myself.

This is a great forum, lots of help from friendly people here :D
Back to top Go down
WondaWendy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1257
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Brisvegas    Sat 31 May 2014, 2:03 pm

Hey Lucygoose,

I'm a Brissy girl too and will be having my sleeve in September.  Welcome aboard the forum. It is a great place with a caring and helpful community - lots of great info, support and a few laughs.

Who is your surgeon?
Back to top Go down
Lucygoose

Female
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2014-05-31

PostSubject: Hi from Brisvegas    Sat 31 May 2014, 12:42 pm

Hello everyone, 

Well I'm new here today and looking to find out some more information on gastric sleeve from people who have been there and done that. 

I'm booked for my sleeve on the 20th August.  I'm very excited to be stating a new chapter in my life and I'm terrified at the same time.  I'm currently 111 kg and 165 cm tall.  I've tried all of the usual diets and some of the more extreme ones. 

I'm looking forward to reading about, and learning from your experiences 

Back to top Go down

Hi from Brisvegas
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: