Lap Band is out...12 weeks till Sleeve

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ottopia
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2014-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Lap Band is out...12 weeks till Sleeve   Fri 30 May 2014, 11:27 pm

Hey there, I am an old bandit too. I was sleeved on the last day in January this year and my loss is a little slower than other non bandits, but it has been steady and I think spectacular, and already I have lost more than I ever did with the sleeve. But the biggest point of difference is that I am happy healthy and not hungry.....being sleeved is like being set free. don't get me wrong....still hard work and only a tool to assist me on my journey but oh soooo much more than the terrible band that nearly killed me.
good luck on your journey.
Llyr
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lap Band is out...12 weeks till Sleeve   Fri 30 May 2014, 2:48 pm

Hi there Zouzouni,

welcome to the forum :)  I still have my band at present, but will eventually get it out then sleeved.  From what I've read, if you've been banded, weightloss will be a bit slower, but still successful.  Most ex bandits talk about the freedom and joy in being able to eat anything without all the drama the band puts us through lol.  So looking forward to that one!
Back to top Go down
arna
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2011-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Lap Band is out...12 weeks till Sleeve   Fri 30 May 2014, 9:31 am

Hi zouzouni, Welcome!

There's a whole section here called something like 'band to sleeve'. I've not been banded and i'm not sleeved yet, either.  But I think there are many ex-bandits on here.  Also there is a search function in the main menu area on the top bar (in the old version of the forum), you'll be able to find lots that way too.

I know many people say how the sleeve is much easier to manage than the band.  And weigh loss, statistically is better.

Good-luck, and I'll be seeing you around,
Arna
Back to top Go down
zouzouni

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-05-30

PostSubject: Lap Band is out...12 weeks till Sleeve   Fri 30 May 2014, 1:45 am

Hi everyone! I came across this site and thought it would be wonderful to join. I was Lap Banded 5 years ago and after not having much success I decided to have a revision and go ahead with the Gastric Sleeve. My revision was this Tuesday 27th May and will need 12 weeks of healing before doing the Sleeve.  I was wondering what the success rate has been for those of you that were Banded before.. and now sleeved? Any regrets? Cheers
Back to top Go down

Lap Band is out...12 weeks till Sleeve
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: