An exciting day, hello from Adelaide

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ellio17
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 574
Registration date : 2014-06-12

PostSubject: Re: An exciting day, hello from Adelaide   Mon 16 Jun 2014, 1:31 pm

Hi.
Its great to see some that are going to Michael France and Fiona Nancarrow.
Aussie Doll.... I have my appointment with them both on 3rd July, the same day as you...... Just over 2 weeks to go. Will be here b4 we know it.
I am hoping to get my sleeve date on that day.
I am finding it hard to get to sleep at night,, my mind is racing...

`Cheers,

Elly
Back to top Go down
Healthier me

Female
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2014-05-23

PostSubject: An exciting day, hello from Adelaide   Sat 31 May 2014, 1:49 pm

Hey Aussie Doll I love the pictures on your last post, you made me laugh.
I know that feeling of wanting it all to happen now! You sound very positive and excited about your journey. I'm glad you have friends in Adelaide to catch up with, as it will keep your spirits up if you feel a tad sore. You are so lucky to have a friend that has already done this with the same surgeon. Feel free to share any helpful tid bits of information such as Dr France's post surgery food phases and how many weeks they are for etc. How your friend coped afterwards with learning different eating regime or anything else you think interesting. I look forward to reading more from you.

I think you are brave for sharing your decision with people as I have already encountered those who are dubious and wonder if I just tell people too much of my feelings only to get hurtful comments in return. I have told one extra person yesterday who responded surprisingly by finishing my sentences as they too are overweight, have read a lot about it and understand why I feel it is right for me. It will be interesting to see if the support continues as I progress...
Back to top Go down
Aussie Doll

Female
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2014-05-12

PostSubject: Re: An exciting day, hello from Adelaide   Fri 30 May 2014, 10:22 am

Arna, we can all look out for each other

Healthier me,

I am getting my sleeve done in Adelaide for a few reasons

• I have friends there that are dying for me to visit, even if it means looking after me lol.
  • My gf got her sleeve done by dr France and can't stop raving about him.
  • There are no surgeons that do the sleeve in Tassie (Only the band)

I have told everyone about getting the sleeve. the only negativity I get are from those who don't understand "what it is to be overweight".

I also probably have a "tiny ity bity" obsession with the sleeve

Its going to be a longggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg year LOL
Back to top Go down
arna
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2011-05-09

PostSubject: Re: An exciting day, hello from Adelaide   Fri 30 May 2014, 9:17 am

Hi Healthier,  Nice to meet you too!

A great dream, let's hope tonight you've lost most your excess weight and you are much healthier...
Back to top Go down
Healthier me

Female

PostSubject: Dr France   Fri 30 May 2014, 6:09 am

Aussie Doll wrote:
WELCOME   

I am travelling from Hobart, Tasmania up to Adelaide to get my sleeve done by Dr France. 
I'm hoping to get my sleeve done by Mid June 2015, so we shouldn't be to far apart from each other. 
When is your appointment to see Dr Nancarrow? I go in on the 3 July to meet with her.
Hi there Aussie Doll, Hi Arna

Thanks for welcoming me, I am so happy to be talking with you.
Aussie Doll I have an appt to see Dr Nancarrow on 25th June. Wow Aussie Doll you are coming a long way to have this surgery done. Will you be staying in Adelaide for a little while to recuperate before going home to Tassy?

Besides my hubby & sis, I have decided not to tell anyone about my decision. That's going to be hard for me as I love to talk!

I was privileged to land one of my Nursing placements @ Ashford High Dependency surgical unit last year and got to nurse a few 'post sleeve' patients of Dr France's and heard only great feedback from both the patients and the Nurses. So I feel confident and prepared atleast.

Lol, I'm a bit chuffed this afternoon because I had a dream last night (most of which I have forgotten by this afternoon) but I remember I had been through my sleeve surgery, it was about Day 2 and I was saying to everyone that I felt great, better than expected.

Today has been a good day for sleeve related stuff. I obtained my referral ready for my appt and when I got home I received my paperwork from Dr France's rooms detailing the pricing and they enclosed a bit of information. So considering my head is stuck in sleeve land, I wonder what tonight's dreams will tell me.

Nice to meet you Aussie Doll & Arna.
Take care, talk soon...
Back to top Go down
arna
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: An exciting day, hello from Adelaide   Wed 28 May 2014, 11:23 pm

Aussie Doll I'm not seeing Dr France - I'm in Melbourne and seeing Mr Aly. Thanks for the good luck, I need it I tell you. But hey, it's good to know i'll be in good company if I don't make October!
Back to top Go down
Aussie Doll

Female

PostSubject: Re: An exciting day, hello from Adelaide   Wed 28 May 2014, 11:39 am

Arna, Are you seeing Dr France?

Fingers crossed for you, for October 

Back to top Go down
arna
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: An exciting day, hello from Adelaide   Wed 28 May 2014, 11:25 am

Hi Healthier Me, Welcome!

I might be joining you and also Aussie Doll in 2015.  I've got a tentative date for October this year but it all depends on how my eating behavior goes.  If I don't improve soon, my chances for October are slim (Ohh, I like that, I only just realised my pun!).  And if that is the case, I am then going to aim for 2015 being the year I'm in better control and able to go ahead with the surgery. Sorry, I've gone on a bit...
Back to top Go down
Aussie Doll

Female

PostSubject: Re: An exciting day, hello from Adelaide   Wed 28 May 2014, 11:17 am

Hello Healthier Me,

WELCOME  kiss 

I am travelling from Hobart, Tasmania up to Adelaide to get my sleeve done by Dr France. 
I'm hoping to get my sleeve done by Mid June 2015, so we shouldn't be to far apart from each other. 
When is your appointment to see Dr Nancarrow? I go in on the 3 July to meet with her.

My friend got her sleeve done by Dr France, he is apparently absolutely lovely.
He will also apparently book your surgery date when you first meet him, if you choose.

Now it's just the wait for PHI.... It's very exciting though 

It's nice to meet another 2015 sleever   
Back to top Go down
Healthier me

Female

PostSubject: Re: An exciting day, hello from Adelaide   Mon 26 May 2014, 8:35 am

Thanks Tara, very nice to meet you, I look forward to talking with you soon.
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: An exciting day, hello from Adelaide   Mon 26 May 2014, 8:31 am

Hiya Healthier,

Just want to Welcome you to the forum !!!

My brain is dead so I won't chat today, but just wanted to say G'day and Welcome.

Tara
Back to top Go down
Healthier me

Female

PostSubject: Re: An exciting day, hello from Adelaide   Mon 26 May 2014, 8:19 am

Thanks for replying Nini,

You have been very kind. My goodness Nini, your photos are fabulous, you are truly inspiring. I would love to wake one day to find myself lighter on the scales, moving better with no pain and experience heaps of energy.  
I will aim to follow my surgeons instructions regarding the sleeve and can't wait until the appointment. I really need to make a substantial change with my weight.
My mum died fairly young of Heart disease and my kids and hubby would love me around much longer.
So here's hoping this is the best thing for me...

Last edited by Healthier me on Mon 26 May 2014, 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nini
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2013-01-20

PostSubject: Re: An exciting day, hello from Adelaide   Mon 26 May 2014, 7:32 am

Hi Healthier Me!

Welcome. How exciting for you to begin your journey!! I so get where you are coming from. My original BMI was just over 40 and I felt years older than my real age. I was on BP meds and my joints and back ached so much after work that I was contemplating giving up my career.  Now I can't begin to explain how much better I feel. I am off my meds, no more aching joints and I have heaps of energy after work (rather than collapsing in my recliner). I committed 100% to following my surgeons/nutritionist rules and couldn't be happier with the result. 
Sounds like you have had a tough year with your health. Your leg is going to love the lighter, healthier you! 

This is such a great supportive site. Feel free to ask anything you are not sure of and someone will have an answer. If you have researched a lot you probably know all the risks and benefits, which will help you to cope with your new life.

cheers Nini
Back to top Go down
Healthier me

Female

PostSubject: An exciting day, hello from Adelaide   Mon 26 May 2014, 5:19 am

Hello there
I joined your forum last week and love reading your informative posts.
Today I have decided to be brave and come out publicly and introduce myself to you all.

Today is a great day, it has been a productive day and I am super excited. Here is why: I now have an appointment with Dr France's colleague, Dr Nancarrow in a few weeks to get the ball rolling, plus I joined my PHI today - only 12 months to go . Thus today is my first official day of finding a new 'healthier me', hence my user name!

I have been researching the Gastric Sleeve for years since my band was removed about 4 years ago. My band surgeon wasn't keen on the doing the sleeve and succeeded at putting me off the idea. After multiple attempts at 'do it myself' weight loss I am still struggling & need some support, as my BMI is 43. I am temporarily disabled and after months in hospital for a few surgeries and being in a wheelchair I have graduated to weight bearing and are becoming more mobile whilst I learn to walk on my leg again. My surgeon insists I should only carry 70kg maximum on my leg or risk further problems.

This year will be my 40th and I absolutely refuse to allow another decade of obesity to further decline my health. I have been overweight for some 20 years, have Hypertension and struggle with inflammatory arthritis and mobility. 
However, my days are getting brighter as I have made positive movements forward today and get to be part of this fantastic forum.
Cheers, from Healthier Me.
Back to top Go down

An exciting day, hello from Adelaide
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: