My first post.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
alaurieaug

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2014-05-19

PostSubject: Re: My first post.   Tue 20 May 2014, 3:50 am

I haven't made it to the diaries yet. I'm feeling much better though. Sometimes I just need to vent then let it go I guess. I hope they call soon with a date.
Laurie
Back to top Go down
alaurieaug

Female

PostSubject: Re: My first post.   Tue 20 May 2014, 3:37 am

Thank you Nini. I just started thinking about my kids and felt so overwhelmed. I have 3. They are 8, 10, and 15 I'm all they have. I was an only child so that leaves no extended family. If anything happened they would have no place to go. Their father and I separated 3 yrs ago. I wonder if I'm making the right choice. Yet this weight is gonna kill me and I can't do the things I used to do. I am going forward just felt full of fear for a while today. Thanks for responding.
Laurie
Back to top Go down
PlanB

Female
Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2014-02-23

PostSubject: Re: My first post.   Tue 20 May 2014, 2:59 am

BTW me personally.... I very almost pulled out of the surgery the day before my feet were so cold.
Back to top Go down
PlanB

Female
Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2014-02-23

PostSubject: Re: My first post.   Tue 20 May 2014, 2:58 am

Welcome Laurie to be scared out of you mind before surgery seems to be situation normal. Have a read of some of the diaries. I love this site. It has given me some direction. Along with the love I have from some good friends.

Chat to your surgeon about your fears. They will let you know what is worth worrying about and what is not.

Adele
Back to top Go down
Nini
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2013-01-20

PostSubject: Re: My first post.   Tue 20 May 2014, 1:37 am

Hi Laurie,

Welcome to the forum.

You will find this site really supportive and you can ask anything. There is a search window at the top of the page, if there is something in particular you want to know. We all get where you are coming from. This is a big decision to make. I remember the roller coaster of emotions I went through. So here is a big hug for you.  

Once you get your surgery date you can join your months group so that you have the support of other Sleevers going through it at the same time. 

good luck with your journey,

cheers Nini
Back to top Go down
alaurieaug

Female

PostSubject: My first post.   Mon 19 May 2014, 6:01 pm

Hi, my name is Laurie and I'm waiting for my surgery date.
I'm from Massachusetts. I feel really fearful today about the surgery for the first time so I started searching the internet. That led me here. So,here I am.
Back to top Go down

My first post.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: