Older sleever.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Monkey71

Female
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2015-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Older sleever.   Thu 13 Aug 2015, 10:20 am

Hi Jelly B. I'm a bit late responding to your comment. I'm 67 and being "sleeved" on Monday. I think I'm one of the older 'sleevers' , but there doesn't seem to be an issue with my age with my surgeon. In fact after having all the tests done, I'm on the edge of diabetes, so it's a good thing I'm doing something about my weight. I hope it all goes well for you.
Back to top Go down
Too old?

Female
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2015-02-20

PostSubject: Hope its all gone well/   Fri 07 Aug 2015, 9:29 pm

JellyB wrote:
Hi everyone. I went to see my prospective surgeon today. He said he doesn't usually sleeve anyone over 60 & I'm 65. He hasn't said no to me yet, just wants me to have a few more tests first. I do not have any health cover so I do hope all the visits to Psychologists, physio's, dieticians etc. are going to be worth it.
Are there any in this forum who are somewhat older than usual ?
Hi
I was one week off 67 when sleeved by Doc Donovan ar Nambour. He had no hesitation re age -may have possibly if I had other health issues which I didn't.  I'm also on Fraser Coast so he was one of three nearest. He is also much cheaper than most. He uses a Sunshine Coast dietition but I would recommend not taking her package-just have first two sessions when you most need help then use someone local as getting down for appointments is a bit of a nuisance.He was easy to talk to and I've had no issues since so Guess he must have done a great job. Have gone from 105 kgs to 87 in 14 weeks so am pretty stoked.
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Older sleever.   Mon 01 Jun 2015, 9:21 am

If it improves the quality of your life I don't see what age has to do with it. 

I would be shopping around.
Back to top Go down
Candy

Female
Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2015-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Older sleever.   Mon 01 Jun 2015, 9:11 am

JellyB wrote:
Hi everyone. I went to see my prospective surgeon today. He said he doesn't usually sleeve anyone over 60 & I'm 65. He hasn't said no to me yet, just wants me to have a few more tests first. I do not have any health cover so I do hope all the visits to Psychologists, physio's, dieticians etc. are going to be worth it.

Hi JellyB, I hope you found your surgeon.  I'm 61 and I'm about to have the sleeve done this month.  Hope you can let us know how you got on.
Back to top Go down
Ellio17
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 574
Registration date : 2014-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Older sleever.   Sat 21 Feb 2015, 9:52 pm

i hope jelly B. found a different doctor. ..
Back to top Go down
Ellio17
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 574
Registration date : 2014-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Older sleever.   Sat 21 Feb 2015, 9:50 pm

never too old, too old! !!!!
if anyone says you are, walk out and keep looking til u find someone that will help you!
should be no age limit on good health.
Back to top Go down
JellyB

Female
Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2014-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Older sleever.   Sat 21 Feb 2015, 2:02 pm

Which surgeon are you seeing ?  If he won't do it let me know & I will ask a friend who's just had it done on the Sunshine Coast. I think he's 70 & he was told he was morbidly obese. He's doing very well.
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Older sleever.   Sat 21 Feb 2015, 1:55 am

Hiya Too Old ?

Welcome to the forum.

It is a bit difficult to navigate at first but you'll get the hang of it.

Up the top of the page there is a SEARCH button on the middle. 

If you click on that and type in what you want to know for example  - Brisbane Surgeons.
Then click on the bottom search button (Not search google) it will bring up all previous threads here on the topic. So you'll have LOTS of reading there. I'm in very wet QLD - so it's a great day for sitting around reading !

You could also do a google search for  BMI Calculator metric to see what your BMI is - usually (not always) they like you to be over 40 bmi to sleeve.

And finally, the way I find easiest to navigate the site is .. up the top of the page again under the INBOX and LOG OUT buttons the is a link you can click on - view posts since last visit . 

Okie dokie hope this helps get you started.

All the best,
TARA
Back to top Go down
Too old?

Female
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2015-02-20

PostSubject: 66   Fri 20 Feb 2015, 10:04 pm

Still trying to work forum out. Am 66 and healthy apart from weight. Planning on booking in for April-what do you think chances are of being accepted?
Back to top Go down
JellyB

Female

PostSubject: Re: Older sleever.   Fri 14 Mar 2014, 11:38 pm

Thank you Alpha.  Good to know I'm not the only one. 
Back to top Go down
Alpa

Male
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2013-05-26

PostSubject: Re Older Sleever   Fri 14 Mar 2014, 9:13 pm

Hi and welcome to the sleevers forum I had my sleeve done last August and my age was 64 had a very smooth run with it all. Best of luck. Regards Alpa
Back to top Go down
JellyB

Female

PostSubject: Older sleever.   Fri 14 Mar 2014, 2:59 pm

Back to top Go down

Older sleever.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: