View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lea50

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2014-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from SE QLD   Sat 05 Jul 2014, 12:48 pm

Hi Sib,
I'm 52 and I also have dieted most of my life to no avail, hopefully we will both be success stories and be able to tell everyone how well we are doing in the post op section in the next few months. From what I've read so far it appears normal for us to feel worried and unsure if we are doing the right thing or not. Considering the alternative to not losing weight I guess this is the better option. Best of luck to you on your journey
Back to top Go down
Femidist

Female
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2014-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from SE QLD   Tue 01 Jul 2014, 11:08 am

Hi Sib
Welcome :)

I just turned 50 and also took a long hard look at the options based on my past 35 years behaviour.
Not sleeved here yet but looking forward to a healthy change
Back to top Go down
http://www.femidist.com
Jade-Elle

Female
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2014-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from SE QLD   Tue 01 Jul 2014, 9:39 am

Hi Sib and welcome, I am very new here too! my first consult is this Friday 4th July in Hervey Bay, super duper nervous but keen to learn all about it.
Back to top Go down
Brooke30

Female
Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2014-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from SE QLD   Sun 29 Jun 2014, 10:54 pm

Hi Sib , 

My first app is with ian Martin in august , how did you go any feedback ?  Keen to hear your experience ? Have you had surgery ? 

Time after app that you got booked in ? 

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2010-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from SE QLD   Fri 11 Apr 2014, 10:50 pm

Welcome all!

I wish you all the best on your journeys.  I don't have any experience with your surgeon but there's a thread on here (or used to be) to discuss hospitals and surgeons.
Back to top Go down
GoldnGirl6677

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2014-03-19

PostSubject: Hi Sib - I am in with Ian on Monday 14 April - yes only 3 more sleeps. I'd be happy to keep you updated or answer any Qs.    Fri 11 Apr 2014, 2:31 pm

FindingSlimSib wrote:
Hi All,
My name is Sib and I've been struggling with my weight since I was 15.  I'm now 51. 

Having tried all diets as well as all therapies known to man, I have finally decided to either give up and remain morbidly obese until I die far too young (as my GP predicts) or have the gastric sleeve surgery.  I am scared shit-less of both options, yet figure I have a better chance with the surgery.  Besides, I am so over having my weight/size rule my life!!

My GP has given me a referral to Ian Martin in Brisbane and I'm keen to hear of your experiences and opinions - by Private Message, so you can be completely honest.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sib :)
Back to top Go down
Ottopia
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2014-01-27

PostSubject: Welcome   Sun 23 Feb 2014, 7:02 am

Welcome to you both PlanB and Finding Slim Sib,
It is a huge decision but take a breath, be calm and take baby steps. It is a change in your life, but there is plenty of support out there for you and the best place to start is forums like these where you can read about those of us who have embarked on their journey- warts and all! I am 3 and a half weeks out and everyone keeps telling me how healthy I look, I feel good, a little tired now and then but not overwhelmingly so. Set your goals and go for them!
Bright Blessings on your journeys.
Back to top Go down
Lizzy.

Female
Number of posts : 1477
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from SE QLD   Sun 23 Feb 2014, 5:58 am

Hi there!

You're so right, it is incredibly daunting and terrifying to make such a life changing decision. But it is the best decision I ever made, and I wouldn't change a damn thing!

Have a poke around in the diary section, so many stories in there inspire the hell out of me every single day, and ask as many questions as you want!
Back to top Go down
PlanB

Female
Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2014-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from SE QLD   Sun 23 Feb 2014, 4:33 am

Hi Sib

I have just joined too and am nervous too. Hope we can free our lives from the inhumane dictator of weight/size together.

Adele
Back to top Go down
FindingSlimSib

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Newbie from SE QLD   Thu 20 Feb 2014, 1:26 am

Hi All,
My name is Sib and I've been struggling with my weight since I was 15.  I'm now 51. 

Having tried all diets as well as all therapies known to man, I have finally decided to either give up and remain morbidly obese until I die far too young (as my GP predicts) or have the gastric sleeve surgery.  I am scared shit-less of both options, yet figure I have a better chance with the surgery.  Besides, I am so over having my weight/size rule my life!!

My GP has given me a referral to Ian Martin in Brisbane and I'm keen to hear of your experiences and opinions - by Private Message, so you can be completely honest.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sib :)
Back to top Go down

Newbie from SE QLD
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: