AuthorMessage
Msforgiven83

Female
Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2013-10-06

PostSubject: Hi!    Sun 20 Jul 2014, 10:50 am

kate81 wrote:
Hi there everyone, 
I am scheduled to have my sleeve surgery in 3 weeks. I have been considering the procedure for yonks but I only started the ball rolling about 2 months ago, so it has all happened reasonably quickly.
I am a mother to two small children and wife to a beautiful (and tolerant!) husband. I have consulted a lot of evidence based journals from clinical databases and have come to the same conclusion I had at the beginning of this journey... for me the benefits of gastric sleeve surgery far outweigh the negatives. 
I am not irrationally excited about the procedure because I know I will lose weight, however, my issue has never been losing weight, but keeping the weight off. The sleeve is a tool that I am going to make the most of! 
Kate

Hi Kate!! 

What a relief to find someone from Tamworth! I am also in Tamworth and I am booked in to have my surgery on the 29th of September in Sydney through the O clinic. I was wondering whether we could get in touch - I am trying to reach out to other sleevers just to build up a bit of a support network and to get some advice on what I can do leading up to the surgery and post surgery to make the transition to my new life a little easier! :) Would love any advice you can offer having been through it yourself :) 

Thanks! 

Msforgiven - Pamela :)  
Back to top Go down
http://thelongweighhome.blogspot.com.au/
Balisunset
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2013-06-19

PostSubject: Re: New from Tamworth   Sat 19 Oct 2013, 12:26 pm

Hi Kate

Welcome and what a great insight.  If you haven't already go to the monthly threads and join December. Read previous months and see how people are doing individually. Ask questions, any. As you will see in the October Opals we talk about anything.
Back to top Go down
Balisunset
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2013-06-19

PostSubject: Re: New from Tamworth   Sat 19 Oct 2013, 12:25 pm

Hi Kate

Welcome and what a great insight.  If you haven't already go to the monthly threads and join December. Read previous months and see how people are doing individually. Ask questions, any. As you will see in the October Opals we talk about anything.
Back to top Go down
kate81

Female
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2013-10-19

PostSubject: New from Tamworth   Sat 19 Oct 2013, 10:44 am

Hi there everyone, 
I am scheduled to have my sleeve surgery in 3 weeks. I have been considering the procedure for yonks but I only started the ball rolling about 2 months ago, so it has all happened reasonably quickly.
I am a mother to two small children and wife to a beautiful (and tolerant!) husband. I have consulted a lot of evidence based journals from clinical databases and have come to the same conclusion I had at the beginning of this journey... for me the benefits of gastric sleeve surgery far outweigh the negatives. 
I am not irrationally excited about the procedure because I know I will lose weight, however, my issue has never been losing weight, but keeping the weight off. The sleeve is a tool that I am going to make the most of! 
Kate
Back to top Go down

New from Tamworth
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: