Hi Newbie

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fatboyslims

Male
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2013-08-18

PostSubject: Hi again    Sun 06 Jul 2014, 4:07 am

Wow time flies, October i have my Appointment public anyone know what to expect , I'm hoping i can ask for sleeve and just go onto a list thanks. 
Back to top Go down
Fatboyslims

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hi Newbie   Wed 21 Aug 2013, 8:02 am

tumultuous-tara wrote:
Fatboy,

Keep an open mind.
There are lots of alternatives cost wise once you start looking.

Intermediate Patient. Some Surgeons will operate Privately on you in a Public Hospital. This can save a fortune.

Mention you have a Pension card - some Surgeons do not charge for the staples so again can save loads.

As previously mentioned you can access any Superannuation you or your Partner may have.

Medical or No Interest Loans are available.

Just keep reading here and you'll be surprised what you learn.

All the best,
Tara

Thanks Tara, I keep an eye out and keep reading yes, Not sure even if the public do sleeving or its the lapband only. I would prefer sleeving since no fills and loads of appointments, and I guess if your going to have surgery, once is enough thanks again.
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Hi Newbie   Mon 19 Aug 2013, 2:47 am

Fatboy,

Keep an open mind.
There are lots of alternatives cost wise once you start looking.

Intermediate Patient. Some Surgeons will operate Privately on you in a Public Hospital. This can save a fortune.

Mention you have a Pension card - some Surgeons do not charge for the staples so again can save loads.

As previously mentioned you can access any Superannuation you or your Partner may have.

Medical or No Interest Loans are available.

Just keep reading here and you'll be surprised what you learn.

All the best,
Tara
Back to top Go down
sassyjane
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 557
Registration date : 2012-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Hi Newbie   Sun 18 Aug 2013, 3:30 pm

Hi good luck with your appointment,they also may be able to help with advice for funding,stay positive as something will work out.Time does seem to go quick when waiting for this surgery,as long as the government don't change anything in the system.
Take care.
Back to top Go down
Fatboyslims

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hi Newbie   Sun 18 Aug 2013, 3:26 pm

sassyjane wrote:
Hi, yes I know what it's like as I am on a carers pension. We have a  business here who does great loans for people on pensions or low,incomes etc and that was the second loan I have had from him. I am sure something will work out for you,no super you can use at all ?
Hi Sassyjane no super :(, maybe i will go along to the 1st appt in 2 months and see what is said first, if its like 2yrs or so i can look at alternatives like the loan place u used, thanks for all your help, I really wish it was done for more for people, saves so much $$ down the track for the government, with Diabetes/ Health issues makes sense really, seems such a good procedure.
Back to top Go down
sassyjane
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hi Newbie   Sun 18 Aug 2013, 3:16 pm

Hi, yes I know what it's like as I am on a carers pension. We have a  business here who does great loans for people on pensions or low,incomes etc and that was the second loan I have had from him. I am sure something will work out for you,no super you can use at all ?
Back to top Go down
Fatboyslims

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hi Newbie   Sun 18 Aug 2013, 3:13 pm

sassyjane wrote:
Hi the only problem I have noticed with going through the public system,which was what I came across when I was enquiring which was told to me by people in the medical profession was if you go on the wait list under public it can take 2-3 years and the next problem then is you can get to almost the end of your wait time and then the government change something in the system and you may have waited all that time for nothing and you go right back to square one
So I took a small loan and joined hbf top cover for a year and all I had to pay out of my own pocket at the time was $1600 and I got $980 back through medi care . I had my first app in July last year,the second at the end of October and was booked for my gastric sleeve for the 13 th December, best thing I ever did.
If you can i would be wary of going on a public wait list especially the way the government is going at the moment,since I had my surgery even some of the requirements have changed .
Good luck.
Thanks being a pensioner, its going to be next to impossible though :(, As rising costs across the board. I wish i could i would in a heart beat....Thanks for your help..I get there with some luck, Im about 6ft weigh 130kg.
Back to top Go down
sassyjane
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hi Newbie   Sun 18 Aug 2013, 2:41 pm

Hi the only problem I have noticed with going through the public system,which was what I came across when I was enquiring which was told to me by people in the medical profession was if you go on the wait list under public it can take 2-3 years and the next problem then is you can get to almost the end of your wait time and then the government change something in the system and you may have waited all that time for nothing and you go right back to square one
So I took a small loan and joined hbf top cover for a year and all I had to pay out of my own pocket at the time was $1600 and I got $980 back through medi care . I had my first app in July last year,the second at the end of October and was booked for my gastric sleeve for the 13 th December, best thing I ever did.
If you can i would be wary of going on a public wait list especially the way the government is going at the moment,since I had my surgery even some of the requirements have changed .
Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Balisunset
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2013-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Hi Newbie   Sun 18 Aug 2013, 12:01 pm

Hi and welcome,

Sorry I cana't help you with your enquiry but I am sure there are some people on here that can.  Read some other threads on the forum there are loads of information.

Regards

Tina
Back to top Go down
Fatboyslims

Male

PostSubject: Hi Newbie   Sun 18 Aug 2013, 9:19 am

I'm a newbie wanting info on sleeving, I have an Appt with RAH Obesity clinic in October, and wondering what to expect with the public system. Do they do Sleeving, or Lap banding only?, I dont want to get ahead of myself, but i also dont want to see dieticians, and so forth for ages, I know what i want done. Sleeving  or Lapbanding is that likely?, and if so how long is the wait after your initial appointment thanks.
Back to top Go down

Hi Newbie
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: